Sunday, May 25, 2008

Didn't need the dead people today...

We went for our ride. We rode about 50 miles. I got a flat. I haven't flatted in 6 years. Fortunately, I had a new tube and a quickflate cartridge. That is a really good thing, because we were somewhere in France, and I don't speak me a lot of French anymore. I mean, I can conjugate when I need to, but I'm not real good at building sentences, and I recently discovered that whenever I get hung up in French, I tend to inadvertently substitute German. Sometimes that works in Alsace, but you can't count on it. The new tube lasted until I got home. So did the water bottles I took with me. I'll have to hunt for deadpeoplewater next time.

Aiden helps me compose songs. I was wandering around singing a song about going poop yesterday. I got hung up at one point, and he suggested using the words "plop plop." Yes indeed. I mean, you know he's got to be awesome. He's got half of my genetic material. He and B are shaping up nicely. I am very proud of myself and my übergenes.

And lastly, here some pics from my cell phone.

These are of the wild poppies that are in bloom.




Here's a shot of the kids watching some people play bocce by the castle. Notice that B has her elbows propped on her bars like a pro.



Here's a shot of Sarah and the kids walking along a river in Strasbourg, France.

No comments: