Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh, so that's panic...

Monday morning I learned what panic looks like. Aiden is always cold. Always. He wears flannel footy-pajamas as much as possible. I mean always. He's wearing them in the pictures from B's birthday party. So Monday morning he came into our room and crawled into bed with us around 6AM. He laid there for about 15 minutes dozing, and then he leaped out of bed loosing this creepy, low pitched keen and ran into the bathroom. Once in the bathroom, he began to turn in tight little circles, stamping his feet so fast you could barely see them, while frantically tugging at his zipper. Every revolution made his pitch step up a notch as he yanked at the zipper that ran from his neck to his right ankle. He managed to get out of his jammies mere seconds before he assploded. Poor little man. It was brutal. Almost ruined the toilet.



B got a package from Gramma Jeanne today. She got some long john jammies...



a cute little shirt and some pants. The shirt is a 6T. We have finally found something that is long enough to cover her little alien belly (as she has named it). The pants have little buttons to make them into capri's. With them up, they are short enough for her to wear as pants. She should grow enough by the time it is warm for them to be capri's.



Aiden was so worn out from a week and a half of coughing and being sick that he finally gave up the ghost and fell asleep on the sofa today. He looks pretty rough, eh?



Here's the poor guy getting a breathing treatment to open up his lungs and clean out the bronchitis. If you look closely, you will notice that his ear is all wadded up under the strap. Now, I'm not sure how uncomfortable the face mask is, but he refused to let us move it. Whatever we try, he gets all bowed up and moves it back so that it slides down and wads up his ear.

He is doing better, though. The kids will be going back to school tomorrow. That means that I have to work a full day for the first time in a week. Yeah, that sucks. I have been staying home until lunch while Sarah goes to German lessons while the kids have been sick. It is awesome.

Okeedokee. It is late. I am tired.

Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid. Glad he's feeling better. Might be best to avoid clothes with a full-body zipper while the stomach is out of sorts, though. :P

I am being forced to use a linux system now. My husband took over our computers and insisted this would be great. No more microsoft for me, no sir. We're strictly ubuntu here. Not even good old red hat. I am the lone member of the resistance movement to this coup.

jd said...

That's really too bad. I am not a fan of Ubuntu. I find that Gnome is almost as painful as the whole Red Hat configuration concept. I am a tried and trued SuSE user. I played with a lot of versions when I started, and that's the one that seems to work the most consistently and seems to make enough sense that Sarah and the kids can use it.